Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fashion Icon: Oh, Jackie O!

Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is one of the world's greatest fashion icons. What I love most about her style is that her looks are absolutely timeless. I would argue that any piece in her wardrobe, if accessorized to give a fresh outlook, would look just as modern and relevant as any new piece out today. The following are some of Jackie's most famous looks and some ways to reinvent them for yourself.
(Photo Credit)

The first look is the famous pink Chanel suit that our former first lady wore in Dallas that fateful November day in 1963. This is an interpretation upon that ensemble, because as much as I would love to show up to the office in a pink tweed suit, pillbox hat, and gloves (trust me, I have been DYING for an excuse to rock some gorgeous, lady like gloves), I just don't see that exact outfit happening.  Pink and black is classically gorgeous. The gold button earrings are a somewhat retro touch that add bling (and of course what be gorgeous with your J.Crew pave link bracelet, Dahling!) and are somewhat reminiscent of the gold buttons of the Chanel suit. Finally, a sturdy black leather handbag will last you for ages and go with anything.

The second look is the perfect casual day outfit. It is classy, sophisticated, and can be accessorized in different ways to be more fun or more glamorous. Frankly, I think that these pieces are absolute wardrobe staples and so imperative to a woman's wardrobe that I'm not going to post particular pieces, but I like to shop for my staples at Gap, Old Navy, and Target. 



 Trenches can be found:

Ladies, get yourselves a trench! I loooooove this look! Now, that being said, I do not under any circumstances wear scarves on my head. Just don't, honey I've tried, I look like a gypsy and it's just not cute. However, you can definitely keep in mind the classic trench, gorgeous greens, and tortoise shell accents when putting together your outfit. I would recommend throwing in your tortoise shell accents in either your sunnies or watch band. Stay with the gold tones to compliment the olive green in this ensemble, and if you (like myself) don't wear your scarf on your head tie it around the handle of your purse for a preppy look.

What do you think of Jackie's style? Who is your fashion icon?

Lots of love,
Jessica



1 comment:

  1. This is great. I love finding older fashion icons and seeing how their famous looks are very relevant today! She is so beautiful!

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete